The Sentinel

The Student News Site of Monsignor McClancy Memorial High School

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

McClancy Takes Over Europe!

This year’s Easter Break was quite eventful for over 100 McClancy students as they embarked on a 10-day journey to Europe, thanks to EF Tours! The trip was planned and executed by Ms. Colon alongside some of the school’s faculty, and it offered an immersive experience that transcended traditional classroom learning, fostering global awareness and passions for history, art, and language.

The journey commenced with the cobblestone streets of London, where students were greeted by the iconic sights of Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and the Tower of London. Guided tours led them through British history, breathing life into tales of monarchs and knights. After spending two days in England, they were off to France on the Eurostar train ride.

The first stop in France was Versailles…But boy, were these students in for a heck of a storm! Right after departing from the bus, a thunderstorm interrupted the tour and even though everyone was drenched and thought the world was ending, it was a day to remember and a great story to bring back home! Next on the itinerary was the romantic city of Paris, where the Eiffel Tower stood tall. Amidst the bustling streets adorned with patisseries, a visit to the Louvre Museum was another highlight, as students marveled at masterpieces such as the Mona Lisa, deepening their appreciation for the arts. Students also went on a calming boat tour, where they saw more of the beauties and rich history Paris had to offer. The experiences on our second day in France truly showed these students that there’s always a rainbow after the storm!

As they got off their flight to Italy, these eager travelers were welcomed to the three timeless cities of Milan, Florence, and Rome. From the grandness of the Colosseum to the solemnity of the Vatican City, each monument unveiled layers of antiquity. Students also immersed themselves in Italian culture as they were making tiramisu and gelato under the supervision and guidance of local chefs.

Throughout the journey, the educational value extended beyond sightseeing, as the trip fostered meaningful connections and a sense of global citizenship. Reflecting on their experience, Jayla Fernandez shared, “This journey has opened my eyes to things I never thought I would be able to see and let alone experience firsthand.” Many students that went on this trip had similar sentiments about this amazing experience.

Stay tuned to find out where McClancy travels to next!