The Sentinel

The Student News Site of Monsignor McClancy Memorial High School

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

McClancy Spirit Week is here!

Monsignor McClancy High School is having a spirit week which will last from March 11th to March 15th. 

What are Spirit Weeks and why do we celebrate them?

Spirit Week is a week where students are encouraged to dress up a certain theme to unify the school. They are meant to bring the school community together by encouraging the school spirit and unifying the school. Spirit weeks use different themed days to help students and faculty feel like one and the same. Unifying under one theme brings us closer together which boosts morale and the spirit flowing through our school! Overall, spirit weeks are a great opportunity to bring the school closer together and to help students bond over a similar theme or interest. 

Spirit Days of the Week

Monday- Vibrant Color Day- Wear the brightest and most vibrant shirt or outfit you have. Don’t be shy to show off your bold and colorful personality. (Tie-dye, Hawaiian, and neon patterns would be great!) 

Tuesday- Matching Day- Create a fun and unique outfit to match with your friends. 

Wednesday- Jersey Day- Wear a jersey or shirt of your favorite team. Embrace your team’s spirit! 

Thursday- McClancy Spirit Day- Show off this school’s spirit by wearing McClancy gear which is in support of the Students v.s. Faculty game. 

Friday- Color Wars- Represent your grade level by wearing your grade’s respective color. Seniors wear Black, Juniors wear Orange, Sophomores wear Green, and Freshmen wear Blue

Enjoy keeping the spirit alive at McClancy by participating in Spirit Week!!!