The Sentinel

The Student News Site of Monsignor McClancy Memorial High School

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

McClancy’s Annual Toy Drive!

Rise Toy Drive

With the holidays coming up, Monsignor McClancy is hosting its annual Toy Drive in association with the NYPD Community Affairs!

All submissions donated from now until December 11th will be entered to support children in need, monitored by the NYPD community affairs. This group mentors and looks after children in rough and dangerous areas, and a toy can make their whole year. 

Students can donate to their designated toy box at the front of their homeroom. Additionally, by December 11th, the homeroom with the most toys will receive a pizza party to encourage donations and introduce a competitive spirit to the toy drive. Toy submissions can vary from crayons and a coloring book from the local dollar store to a puzzle from five below, and there is no limit as to how many toys one can donate. The age range for donations is from birth to around fourteen or fifteen. Please be advised that donations cannot be used and must be boxed to be submitted for both the children in need and the pizza party. The more donations, the better!

During the week of December 6th and 11th, students will have the opportunity to sign up to wrap toys in exchange for service hours. Wait to hear more about this opportunity in the upcoming days, and email Mrs. Doddato for any additional questions!

We look forward to seeing all of your generous donations! During the holidays, make sure to remember the children in need and the contributions you could make to their lives by donating to the cause. I hope you are inspired to help a child in need and make their year from your appreciation.