The Sentinel

The Student News Site of Monsignor McClancy Memorial High School

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

The Success of our Open House

On October 7th 2023 McClancy had their open house to welcome the class of 2028 and 2029. What a huge success it was! Not only was there a big turn out of potential students but we also had many of our own show up to help out. Even though outside our doors the weather was gloomy, once you stepped into McClancy there was a surge of energy. Everyone was welcoming, kind and ready to talk about our wonderful school. There were tours all around the school, showing everywhere from the third to the very first floor. Once the tour was over our visitors would walk into the gym where there was a table set up with each extracurricular activity we offer!

Speaking from personal experience, I had a great deal of fun at the open house. Being there from 8:30am to 5pm was long but it was worth it. I met a lot of nice families that were eager to learn about the school and get students’ opinions. Not only did I educate others on the clubs I am in but I also learned new things about clubs in our school. I was lucky enough to walk around talking to other students, making new friends and learning about potential clubs I may join. Overall this open house was  not only enjoyable for our visitors but also for our own students. The success we saw this year truly couldn’t have happened without the students, visiting families and faculty. Thank you to everyone who helped out and we hope to see our visitors again!!