The Sentinel

The Student News Site of Monsignor McClancy Memorial High School

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

Welcome to Library and Sci-Fi Club

Have you been wondering what clubs McClancy has to offer? Do you just love watching movies or are you more interested in books? Whatever the choice may be, let me introduce to you the Library and Sci-fi clubs of McClancy! For anyone wondering, these clubs are in the same article because they are both run by Mrs Alexis-Kane and they do almost everything together. 

First let me introduce you to the Library club. Here at McClancy we have a significantly large library and as a club we do spend a significant amount of time there. In the library club  we read and discuss books, watch movies, and help clean out the library. The overall goal is to allow students to freely enjoy books or movies and it is a great socializing time. 

Last but certainly not least is the Sci-fi club. The sci-fi club is about learning about different forms of sci-fi in the media. In this club we not only explore the different ways sci-fi is portrayed but we also try to connect to the community and the students. We do activities like watching new movies, drawing or painting sci-fi related things,or just trying to relate everyday things to sci-fi. 

Over the year our goal is to allow the new freshman this year to get to know the clubs, find new service opportunities to connect our clubs and the community, and lastly find new ways to help the other clubs within our school. The main way to meet any of these goals is with the members of the club. Having members to help out and work together is what really gets this club going. We’d love to see you at our next meeting!