Hear From Our Finest Students

Edith Felipe, Featured Writer

Over the past few days, I had the exciting pleasure of interviewing four of Msgr. McClancy’s amazing students. I was able to learn about other Seniors and Juniors who have had a unique experience of high school ever since the COVID-19 pandemic started. Although the virus prevented them from coming to school for quite a while, they still made the best of their situation and learned to grow into fine young adults. I have also learned their stance on fun topics that have turn the media into shambles.

To add, the Newspaper Club is looking for more students to interview this school year and if you are interested in becoming our next student spotlight, feel free to sign up in room 308!

James John Picone Jr – Senior

At school, you are very well known for your incredible drumming skills, so other people including myself are curious to know when did you start playing the drums? 

“Since I was three years old.” 

Are there more eyes or more legs in the world? 

“Hmmm… What if someone has two eyes and one leg?… Well, I got legs. Yeah, definitely more legs because of centipedes. They have like two eyes, don’t they? And like a million legs.” 

Filippo Gallina – Senior

How have your last four years at McClancy benefited you? 

“It’s helped me grow as a student because at McClancy you’re part of such a strong family and we’re always motivating one another. Rather than in middle school, where I kinda just stayed at one level, here at McClancy I always strived for the best and I just keep it moving.”

Bagel Bites or Pizza Rolls?

“Oh pizza rolls.”

Breanna Ramos – Junior

What’s your favorite sport to play and why? 

“My favorite is basketball because when I play I become a whole different person in a good way. I have also been playing basketball since I was little.”

If you had to choose between two superpowers, being invisible or flying, which would you choose and why? 

“Flying because it will just make life so much easier. I don’t have to pay for transportation and I would be able to go anywhere I please.”

Ava Angerano – Junior 

What do you enjoy so much about cheerleading?

“I have many favorite aspects of Cheerleading. The sport means so much to me and is a big part of my life. However, it would not be anything close to what it is without my teammates. They are my sisters forever and I could not imagine my life without them. I am so thankful for them, the sport, and will cherish them in my life forever.”

If you had to be shipwrecked on a deserted island, but all your human needs such as food and water were taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you?

“I would want to take my phone and my bed.”